We would very much like people to get the PTR up and running so we can do some boss testing!
Please get it up so we can prepare for 4.3 :)))
Here is how to
Since the PTR is 100% new to alot of you guys, I am going to post some usefull links that guide you through.
Complete guide to get into the PTR: http://www.wowwiki.com/Accessing_the_public_test_realm
How to copy your own char/make a premade. Atm you cannot do that if you have an EU version fo wow due to a bug, but if you change your game thingie to US you can. Guide:
under > YOUR GAME ACCOUNTS
1) click Buy Digital Games LINK (don't worry no money is going to be used)
2) in the top right click Game Region and change it to North America.
3) Go back to to YOUR GAME ACCOUNTS
4) Under all your accounts you should now have add WoW starter World of Warcraft®
Americas & Oceania (US)
5) Go to http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/charc...cter-copy.html
5.A) if it says "There are no World of Warcraft Game Licenses attached to this Battle.Net Account" then you did not add the usa starter accont so try reading 1-5 again.
6) Copy a Premade Character
7) Pick a Character
pick the EU realm on the list brill (eu)
9) have fun with your 378 geared Characters!
FOr addons, just copy the addon folder to the PTR's addon folder.
Tonight at 18:15 (our) server time, the PTR will open some boss-testing. Since we don't have the people to make a raid, Enaina and I was thinking that we could instead give the ptr a go.
If you're interested in joining us, meet up on ventrilo at 18:00, so we have a bit of time to group up etc.
Note that we're playing on the EU PvE server Brill.
For those unsure on how to accessing the PTR, Enaina has made a post explaining how here.
I hope to see you then!
As always, feel free to add anything to the guild meeting that you find relevant for us to discuss.
Points for the meeting
- Currently, Enaina, Gnaea and Ultramunk agree that one should either be able to deposit flasks, feast or plain money in order to get DKP.
- Recruiting status.
- Raiding days. A poll has been up here.
- Status with YouTube channel with HeavyWeapon(see wat u did there) managing it. http://www.youtube.com/STORMRIDERSTROLLBANE.
- Attendance and what you need in order to be a raider.
- Free enchants and gems.
- Offspec gear cost too much? (Heavyweapons)
- /w us if you want to discuss anything.
Sunday: 20 -23
What the guild bank offers the members
- Gear optained from raids can be enchanted by the guild bank for free
- Gear optained from raids can be gemmed by the guild bank for free
- The guild bank will supply every raider with a feast before every boss. One cauldron will be used per raid
- Add R in your answer to the question "what is Stormriders guild info" in your application
- The above points do only apply if the guilds economy can afford it. If you are told that we cannot supply with x thing at this time, accept it. No whine
- Only Members or higher ranked members of the guild will have their gear enchanted and gemmed.
- Only members who have all their gear enchanted and gemmed with the best gems and enchants available are allowed to benefit from the first two points.
1. Leaders, raiders
Remember that alts have the same priority as ones mains rank. Eg you are a raider on and go your alt - then you have 1. priority on items.
- You type "bid" if you want an item. The one with the most DKP wins it.
- Everyone is awarded with 1 DKP per hour of raiding
- Progress kills are awarded with 1 DKP
- People who are on standby get the same amount of DKP as a raiding member per hour
- If one is on standby, he must be able to raid 15 min after he has been told that he is needed. If one fails to do that no DKP will be received and no attendance has been counted.
- Add E in your answer to the question "what is Stormriders guild info" in your application
- When you join a normal raid on an alt you will need with the same priority as your main. You will always gain DKP to one pool of DKP, and you will always spend DKP from the same pool.
- A decay of 7% will be added every week
- Items are "sold" for two different values, the expensive value, and the inexpensive value. If it is HC gear, the gear costs 50% more.
- The expensive items are: Weapons, trinkets and tier-tokens. They cost 10/15, Norm/HC.
- The inexpensive items are: Armor, accessories (necks and rings) and offhands. They cost 6/9, Norm/HC.
General rules about raiding
- ATTENDANCE: We will be keeping track of your attendance. You need at least 75% attendance the last 30 days of raiding. Vacations are okay, sustained low attendance is not. Members who prove to be able to sustain an attendance which is higher than 75% will be promoted to a raider. People below 75% will have less priority for being picked at raids and needing on loot.
- You will never earn a "safe spot" for raiding. We will always be recruiting and taking in trails even though he is the same class and has the same spec as you. This hopefully make everyone stay focused and perform their best. If not, one will eventually be replaced.
- In order to receive attendance for a whole raid you will have to be raiding the whole night or be on standby. If you leave 1 hour before the raid is over, it counts as 0 attendance.
- You are required to have read up on *at least* 7/7 10N.
- You are also required to know all there is to know of your spec, and what your class can do in raids to help out in whichever way possible (things such as popping damage protection never hurt!) Reading up on EJ is *always* a good idea, but there may be better websites out there for your spec.
- Make sure you always bring enough of the best suited buff food for your spec, and 3 flasks for each raid. We will be getting cauldrons and feasts, but if we for some reason don't have neither, you're required to be able to supply yourself.
- Be online 15 minutes before the raid. While technically there is no punishment for this, it will make everything go far smoother if you are able to be online a little early.
- All these rules may seem a bit harsh to some, but I assure you, they are far from harsh, and you should always make an effort to come prepared. Every member has to take responsibility if you want the raids to go smooth!
- Last but not least: do try to accept/decline for raids at least a 24 hours before the raid. It makes the officers and guild leaders jobs easier.
Rules while actually raiding
- Stay focused! We all like fooling around, and there is always room for that on wipes and while clearing trash, but when we're on a boss, acting silly easily kills your focus, which then subsequently kills you.
- If someone has a bad day, try not to rub it in their face. Don't whine about it either, instead keep cool and trust that the raidleader is making the right decision in keeping the person in the raid. If for some reason you think the failer has been given too many chances, or has failed far too much, give the raidleader a whisper explaning the situation.
- Add A in your answer to the question "what is Stormriders guild info" in your application
- Try not to be a meterwhore! If your HPS is higher than the others, it's probably because you're either better geared or the encounter favors your kind of healing. Same goes for the DPS: while rivalries and competion on the meters is always okay (to a certain extent), keep the chat clear of meter-spam!
Rules for trails
- You got to prove yourself! It's your responsibility to prove to us that you're worth a spot! While we as a guild will take you in as a trial with open arms, you need to prove to us that you're willing to make an effort and that you're no random scrub!
- Several people have bad days every now and then, and even more people have bad days on the first day of raiding. Since our goal is to keep the raid going as smoothly as possible, we will keep you on a relatively short leash (compared to members). Fail once, and it's no problem, but you will have to show that new encounters are something you can adjust to fast! If you consequtively fail on, say, Alysrazor, we will swap you out if possible. There is however a good chance that you'll be given another shot at proving yourself, but once again, coming prepared is a great way to play good on your first day!
- There is no certain amount of days a trail can stay in the guild. Once we are convinced, the decision will be made.
- Add D in your answer to the question "what is Stormriders guild info" in your application
- A trial will earn and spend DKP as a normal raider, however a trail has less priority than higher ranks.
Thank you for reading and happy raiding!
Enaina, Gnaea and Ultramunk